1. Can I enroll my child(ren) at anytime or do they need to be enrolled at the beginning of the semester?
Your child(ren) can enroll anytime during the semester. Typically, each class stands on its own.
2. Are your programs only for children with special needs?
No, our programs are for all ages and abilities.
3. If I pay for the unlimited classes, does this include private lessons or are those priced individually?
The unlimited includes all of our homeschool classes listed on our website. That includes each day our programs are in session. This does not include private lessons or the performing arts programs. http://www.inspirestudiosfl.com/homeschool-registration.html/
4. Do you provide the instruments needed to participate in the homeschool music classes (Beginner Violin, Beginner Piano, Drums In Motion, and RockSchool) or is it the parent's responsibility?
Inspire Studios provides the instrument being used during the class. It is the parent's responsibility to furnish the instrument in home.
5. Do parents need to stay with their child(ren) for the duration of the day?
Parents are welcome to stay or drop off their children.
6. Does my child(ren) need to bring supplies such as pencils and markers etc.?
We provide the supplies - pencils, paper, folders, science supplies, cooking supplies (for Find Your Palate/Nerdy Nummies), and most of the art supplies used. If taking art, we ask that you supply your child with a sketch book and we provide the rest. There are no supply, registration, or facility fees for our homeschool programs.
7. Will my child need to bring a tablet or laptop when taking InspireCraft or YouTube Editor class?
Yes, when taking these classes your child(ren) will need a tablet or laptop to participate.
8. What are the ages for the classes?
The Early Learning classes are for ages 2 - 6 and all the other classes are for ages 6 and up. We don't restrict it to those age groups. These are just suggestions. Each child is different and develops at their own pace. We trust that the parents will know best where their child will fit in and flourish.
9. If my child has a thirty minute block where they aren't participating, do we pick them up then drop them back off at the end of those thirty minutes or are they given busy work between classes?
No need to pick a child up when there is a break in the schedule. We have children that are enrolled in a few classes that aren't scheduled together and have a thirty minute break. They usually wait in our main room and either finish an activity from home or read a book. We have a table set up with comfy chairs.
10. Do the kids provide their own lunch?
Yes, please pack a lunch for you child(ren).
11. What is STEAM?
STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking. The end results are students who take thoughtful risks, engage in experiential learning, persist in problem-solving, embrace collaboration, and work through the creative process.
12. What is InspireCraft?
InspireCraft is the Minecraft class. Inspire Studios has its own personal and safe Minecraft server. Our students will create a world together, learn Minecraft etiquette, teach about plug ins and use them, how to create a server, and more. (Digital Engineering Class)
13. Are the field trips included and at what charge?
We have been fortunate to make some amazing friends in the community over the years allowing us to provide most of our field trips for free or for a very small fee.